Prior to acquiring Blackcomb Helicopters in 2006, we had only dabbled in aviation, primarily through the piloting passions of one of our principals, Sacha McLean. While we did own a few helicopters, not to mention Vancouver's only certified private heli-pad at Vancouver Film Studios, we had no plans to expand. However, when an opportunity came to partner with John Morris of Omega Aviation in the purchase of Blackcomb Helicopters, it was a natural move. Not only did we acquire a company with great people and assets, we also had an ideal partner in John Morris who brought us considerable experience on the operating side. During the summer of 2007 we acquired Goldwing Helicopters, a small but distinguished operation built by Robin MacGregor in Sechelt, B.C. In July 2008 we completed the amalgamation of Omega Aviation and Blackcomb Helicopters into Blackcomb Helicopters, a full-service helicopter charter business. Today, we operate a large and varied fleet of aircraft out of bases in Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Lillooet, Bridge River Valley, and Sechelt. We are the largest supplier of helicopter services in the province to BC Hydro and recognized experts in executive travel, tourism, heli-skiing, fire fighting, and filming. To find out more about Blackcomb Helicopters, please click on the logo to the right.
We also operate, under the McLean Group Flight Department brand, a jet and helicopter management service based at CYVR.
- January 9, 2013: Blackcomb Aviation names Jonathan Burke President and Chief Operating Officer (PDF)
- September 23, 2009: Blackcomb Aviation names Sacha McLean Chief Executive Officer (PDF)
- January 16, 2008: Governor General's Medal of Bravery Award Announced for Blackcomb Helicopter Pilot, Steve Flynn (PDF)
- June 18, 2007: Blackcomb Helicopters Expands Offering with Acquisition of Sunshine Coast Operation (PDF)
- December 21, 2006: Helicopter Company Acquisition Expands Sea-To-Sky Aviation Services (PDF)